Saginaw is the heart of the Great Lakes Region, which also includes neighboring cities Bay City, Midland, Frankenmuth and Birch Run. Around 200,000 people live in Saginaw and the adjoining suburbs. There’s something for everyone to do in the region, no matter what season it is. Some of the most well-known activities/areas include:
- Shopping at Birch Run Premium Outlets, which has over 100 name brand outlet stores
- Exploring Michigan’s Little Bavaria Frankenmuth – Visit Bronner’s Christmas Wonderland, take a horse drawn carriage ride through the historic streets or visit one of the many unique stores.
- Experience the Japanese Cultural Center & Tea House in Saginaw – Revered as one of the most authentic Japanese gardens in North America and the only authentic Japanese tea house in the Midwest
- Catch a Great Lakes Loons baseball game in Midland – The class A affiliate of the Los Angeles Dodgers has been in the region since 2007.
- Enjoy the waterfront in Bay City – Kayaking, sailing and fishing are just a few of the activities you can experience.
- There are many annual festivals/events to enjoy such as Zehnder’s Snowfest in Frankenmuth, Tall Ships Celebration in Bay City and the Dow Great Lakes Bay Invitational (LPGA) in Midland.
For more information on the region, visit www.gogreat.com