The Saginaw Spirit Charitable Foundation is proud to announce a partnership with the Youth Protection Council in launching the Skates Supporting Youth Shelters, Personal Care Items Drive beginning Monday, July 12 through July 23, 2021.
The Youth Protection Council of Saginaw County, supports the community by providing,
- Highly trained staff and high-quality programs that increase the family’s capacity to become self-sufficient.
- Emergency shelter for runaway and homeless youth in Saginaw, Gratiot, Tuscola and Midland counties
- Substance abuse prevention programs and Designated Youth Tobacco Act compliance provider for Saginaw County
- Parenting program for teen and young parents, long term housing for homeless teenage parents and their children and rapid re-housing rental assistance
“The Youth Protection Council is one agency that does so much: getting runaway and homeless youth and young parents off the dangerous streets; supporting young parents; and teaching school age youth about the dangers of drugs. Helping vulnerable youth thrive is our goal,” said Mary Ellen Johnson, President/CEO of the Youth Protection Council. “We are excited to partner with the Saginaw Spirit, a great organization that also works to help youth achieve their dreams. Having access to personal care items gives our youth confidence and allow them to present themselves with dignity. We are very grateful for the opportunity to share what we do with the community.”
Starting July 12th, Spirit Fans and the Great Lakes Bay Region community may drop off new personal care items donations to the Saginaw Spirit Store, located at 5789 State Street in Saginaw. The Saginaw Spirit Store is open Monday through Thursday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm and Friday 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. By donating new personal care items, you can help local youths and young parents in your area. Monetary donations will also be accepted. Your donation will get you 35% off one merchandise item in the store (excluding jerseys) and for every item, your name is entered in to the drawing to win a $100 Merchandise gift card! The winning name will be drawn end of day July 23rd, and announced at a later date.
See below a list of personal care items needed:
- Toothpaste and toothbrushes
- Dental floss
- Body lotion
- Hand soap
- Laundry detergent
- Shaving cream and razors
- Children’s books
- Trash bags
- Paper towel
- Toilet paper
- Kitchen and bathroom cleaners
- Dish soap
- Feminine hygiene products