Defenseman Pacey Schlueting was acquired by the Spirit on June 1, 2020 in a trade with the North Bay Battallion in exchange for a 4th round pick in 2024 (SAG) and a 12th round pick in 2023 (OSH). Schlueting, 18, will embark upon his third Ontario Hockey League at the beginning of the 2020-21 season. The North Bay, Ontario native was selected by his hometown Battalion in the first round (ninth overall) in the 2018 Under-17 Priority Selection Draft. The 6’1, 184-pound rearguard is eligible for the 2020 National Hockey League Draft. Below are 21 questions with Pacey for Spirit fans to get to know a little more about him.
Name: Pacey Schlueting
1) Do you have a Nickname(s)? – Schlueter
2) Where were you born? – North Bay, Ontario
3) Do you have any siblings (brother/sister, age, name)? – 1 brother his name is Parker and he’s 15
4) Do you have any pets (kind/name)? – No pets.
5) What’s your most memorable hockey moment? – My most memorable hockey moment is winning the NOHA in major bantam AAA and going to provincials with my team and winning bronze
6) Who is your favorite NHL Player and why? – My favorite NHL player is Erik Karlsson because I like the way he plays and I try to model my game after him.
7) Why did you choose the Number you did? – I chose the number I did for a friend (#23)
8) Who’s your favorite NHL Team? – Pittsburgh Penguins
9) What’s your favorite sport other than hockey? – Volleyball
10) What are some of your hobbies? – Playing PlayStation, biking & fishing
11) What’s your favorite TV/Netflix Show? – Sons of Anarchy
12) What’s your favorite movie? – Star Wars
13) Who’s your favorite Band/Artist? – Juice Wrld
14) What’s your favorite Restaurant? – Jack Astors
15) What’s your go to pre-game meal? – Salmon, rice, stir fry
16) Do you speak any other languages? – No other languages
17) What’s your biggest fear? – Snakes
18) Who has been the most influential person in your life? – The most influential person in my life has been my minor hockey coach Mike Stockfish. He’s helped me my whole career and taught me everything I know.
19) If you could hang out with one celebrity (dead or alive) who would it be? – Paul Walker
20) If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why? – I would want to travel to Greece because is beautiful and surrounded by the ocean and you can boat island to island. There’s also lots of history and amazing food.
21) If you were stuck on a deserted island, what three (3) things would you bring with you? – Three things I would bring to a deserted island is a phone with lots of music, PlayStation and TV (provided that there is food and water). If not, then food is for sure a priority.