JOB TITLE: Assistant Coach
REPORTS TO: General Manager & Head Coach
The Saginaw Spirit announce the opportunity for an Assistant Coach, reporting to the General Manager & Head Coach. The Assistant Coach will assist in developing premier athletes into successful people with committed to excellence on and off the ice as a member of the Ontario Hockey League. Extensive interaction with coaches, staff, players and other rink employees is required of this position. Expected responsibilities are to be taken care of at all practices and games. The position would be effective immediately. This role will be based out of Saginaw, MI, home to the Spirit.
- Support premier student-athletes in development on and off the ice.
- Contribute to the recruitment of prospective student-athletes.
- Train and develop student-athletes.
- Assist with team practice plans and competition strategies.
- Administrative duties; book hotels, book meals, schedule bus arrival and departures, book ice times during road trip, file paperwork with the league.
- Represent the Saginaw Spirit at various community and team functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous coaching and/or playing experience.
- Display a proven track record of player development and skill development programs.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills needed to develop and maintain positive, respectful relationships with all members of the Saginaw Spirit Organization.
- Must possess valid driver’s license and high school diploma.
- The successful applicant must complete a full background screen.
ABILITIES & SKILLS:
- Knowledge and prior experience with Steva Hockey Pro.
- Ability to keep, maintain, and prepare effective and accurate records.
- Knowledge of current analytics and how to apply analytical data in relation to team performance.
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with management, league officials, facility representatives, fellow employees, and the general public.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, etc).
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Analyze and solve problems independently.
- Maintain strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work effectively with coaching and operational staff.
- Understand, adhere and enforce safety procedures.
- Work in high intensity, competitive, and deadline driven environment.
Interested candidates should send their cover letter, resume and salary expectations by no later than Thursday, June 20th, 2019 at 5:00pm via email to email@example.com